Friday 13 November 2009

What The Song I Chose Means

For obvious reasons, lyrics are a very important component of a song, because of this I have decided to post the lyrics here:
Neopolitan Dreams

You go on I’ll be okay,
I can dream the rest away
Its just a little touch of fate, It'll be okay
It sure takes its precious time, but it’s got rights and so have I

I turn my head up to the sky
I focus one thought at a time
I do not let the little thieves
Under my tightly buttoned sleeves
You couldn't be a longer time, I feel like I am walking blind
I have arrival time

There are no legible signs
There are no legible signs

I like the way that you talk,
I like the way that you walk.
It’s hard to recreate such an individual gait

You wait you turn in the queue,
You say your
sorries and thank you’s
I don’t think you’re ever
A hundred percent in the room
You’re not in the room
You’re not in the room

Deepest, of the dark nights
Here lies, the highest of highs
Neopolitan Dreams, stretching out to the sea

You wait you turn in the queue,
You say your
sorries and thank yous
I don’t think you’re ever
A hundred percent in the room
You’re not in the room
You’re not in the room


The line 'You go on I’ll be okay' is the line that inspired my idea to have her walking on her own either following a trail or leaving one for someone else to follow. I decided that her following a trail would work better though.
neopolitan
nouna resident of Naples
I thought that this was unusual as the
definition of Neapolitan, in my opinion, fits better with the connotations of the song, however the artist chose to spell it with an 'O' rather than an 'A'

This is what Lisa said about the song on her website:
"I guess it stems from a parting of two people, obviously me and someone else," says Lisa of the song. "That's where the spirit of the song came from, but then it moves into a place of like, not having such a clear idea of where you're headed. But then when the refrain comes in, the 'ba-da ba-das', it's like saying 'there's so much going on, but hey, fuck it, we're just gonna have fun'."

The song I chose has a quiet intro compared to the rest of the song, so below I have placed a link to the song so that it can be heard in its original state, before I adjusted the volume in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment