Tuesday 17 November 2009

What My Music Video Means to Me


When I first decided which treatment I wanted to follow up and make into a music video for Neopolitan Dreams, I had an image of the protagonist laying in the river submerged in water (maybe with a sail boat floating over her) or even just laying in the shallow area of the river with her hair floating around her. My teacher pointed out that it was like Ophelia ( by John Everett Millais) a painting which I studied for GCSE art (and maybe a subconscious influence).

Unfortunately, with it being Winter, this idea is not really plausible. However, a compromise could be made by having her lay in a pile of leaves or something similar.

When I was writing the treatment, I automatically thought of the image of a red balloon being used. After watching my first draft it became apparent that there could be many connotations of this. Firstly, the colour: red is for passion and love. Also, the red reminded me of Alice in Wonderland and the Queen of Hearts maze and how in my video the balloons are leading the protagonist somewhere.

Then there is the giant flower that the male character gives to the protagonist. When I was planning this scene, I couldn't decided whether to use a balloon, a small bunch of wild flowers or the giant flower. In the end I decided on the giant flower because I thought that it fit with the song well.

No comments:

Post a Comment