Monday 30 November 2009

Feedback

After showing my rough draft to a few people, I got some valuable feedback:
The first comment tended to be about the camera work, as some areas were shaky, so I went though my music video and edited clips to help minimise the amount of shake, I did this by using different clips than originally selected, by cutting them in different places, by applying cross fades and of course by using the anti-shake option.
Another issue raise was that of my choice to use picture in picture. This was an issue that bothered me too while editing, so I completely understood where people were coming from. Originally I had wanted to use a split screen but was unable to do so as this feature was not supported by the software I used. I then considered alternating the original walking scene of the boy and the girl, but decided that with the time available in the video, I would be unable to show all that I wanted in the space available for that part of the film, and this might take away from the scene. This is when I came to the decision to use picture in picture, as it would allow me to show that they are both in the same area, close but not quite with each other, but it doesn't take away from the rest of the video by lasting to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment